OPTIMISING IRRIGATED GRAINS
The project aim is to evaluate crop response to agronomic practice across a range of irrigated systems and quantify yield potential in different environments targeting >4 t/ha canola.
Trials established in 2020 are investigating crop structure, plant population, nitrogen and disease management.
The Canola trials include:
- Optimum plant populations of canola grown under overhead and flood irrigation
- Nitrogen Use Efficiency Trial – N rates
- Nitrogen Use Efficiency Trial – N Timing trial
- Products rates and timing for disease management strategies in canola
- Influence of plant growth regulation on canola yield and profitability
View the research results from 2020
View the key learnings from the first 2 years of the research.
How much N do we need for 5t/ha?
Nick Poole and Ben Morris of FAR Australia look at what we've learnt in GRDC's Optimising Irrigated Grain Project, in particular how much N do we need to grow a 5t/ha crop of canola under irrigation.